Monday, August 5, 2013

Psychic Detective

I recently just started reading this manga called Shinrei Tantei Yakumo and I got to say its really good.The characters were well thought out and the story that they made was very good. When I first read the summary it reminded me of the show Psych except that one of the people in the main pair of this story is a girl and the police not only let's them get involved in their cases but they also listen and take account of what the psychic,Yakumo, says.

Our main character is Yakumo who has since birth been able to see the souls of the dead with the help of his left red eye.After, his near death experience when his mother tried to kill him he later used his powers to help solve crimes so that the spirit involved could move on.On one case, he meets his self proclaimed partner,Haruka, who came to him because she heard of his talents and thought he could help one of her friends' that was in trouble.After,the case was solved she kept coming back and I think its because she liked helping him in solve cases and that she has developed a little crush on him.

What I ended up liking most about this manga was the adventure in solving the cases.I would get so excited and impatient when I thought that I have already solved the case about 20 pages ago, but in the end I end up being wrong.Well, I guess that goes to show that I wouldn't be very good at being a detective, but surely hope I get at least one right before it ends.Also, this manga is not complete and I am waiting patiently for the next update but this story is also an anime and hopefully that is complete.

Anyway,as they go from case to case they put some romance in it as well and I kind of laughed when they decided to make,Iishi, a clumsy,scaredy cat detective's assistant the love rival.Its obvious that he isn't going to win against Yakumo and it seems that Haruka doesn't even like him like that, she seems to be into the type of boys that are like Yakumo.So, if they decide to spice up the romance game a bit I would say they put another guy or girl in there, so that an intense jealousy could spike.

But,besides the romance I liked the mystery and not just the one's in that they try to solve.I'm talking about Yakumo's past.If you've already read the story or are going to you'll find that as a child his mother attempted to kill him but their were some things that stood out from there.For example,where or who is the father?Why didn't he try to stop his mother from killing him? Why is he going around manipulating people to the point of killing? Why does Yakumo hate him so much? There are also other questions that will come forth in this story but these are the ones I mostly think about and this is part of the reason why I'm still reading it.The other reason is to see if Haruka and Yakumo ever hook up in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment