Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Akuma Na Eros

This wonderful love story is about a high school girl named Mui who has a very strong crush for Amamiya,the kindest, generous and most handsome boy in school.She gets so tired of looking at him from afar that she borrows a book about granting wishes from an old bookstore.She then waits for the perfect opportunity to cast the spell and ask for her wish but what she didn't expect was what was going to come out of it.

This handsome looking devil appears before her out of thin air and then claims to be Satan himself! I loved the look on her face when he said that I could tell what was going through her mind.It was "How did this wish granting ceremony turn out to becoming a devil summoning ceremony?" He then says that he will grant her wish in giving her Amamiya's heart but in return she must give up her virginity to him.Of course, the devil would want that out of all things.

She,relunctantly, agrees to this and then the story progresses in Satan's many attempts in getting the boy to fall in love with her.He even goes so far as to go in disguise as Kai, Mui's older brother who has been absent because he has an illness. Kai tries and tries again in using his magic to enchant Amamiya into falling in love with Mui but it doesn't seem to work, so he decides to do this the old fashion way.But, as the story goes even further, he didn't count on many things to happen and I guess one of them has to be him falling for her himself.But, even though, he's deveopling his own crush for her, he still must complete the contract no matter how much he doesn't want to.

Their are a lot of feelings left unsaid in this manga and yes its only a manga.I liked the twists and turns that happen in this story but for some twists I wasn't very surprised at.I'm not going to tell you what they are because that's just going to reveal the whole story.When it comes to love Kai is very cruel with it and I think Mui is very strong when it comes to her trying to handle the situation.But, I also thought she a bit of a dumb blonde when she wouldn't even investigate what was happening and would just accept what other people were saying when she should have gotten it from the source.On the other hand, I thought it was mostly Kai's fault for not clearing up the mess and just letting her sit there and waiting for her to figure it out on her own and when doesn't figure it out in time he does something cruel to her that ends up hurting her mentally and physically, but strangely it also puts his point across to her.You know how people say actions speak louder than words, well for Kai its his actions hurt more than his words, literally.

I wouldn't be very surprised to see Mui choosing Amamiya in the end whenever I see Kai put her in an emotional rollercoaster so many times in this story.But, on the other hand,I think its his way of saying of how much he loves her.I thought after the story ended, they should have made an alternate ending to see what would happen if she would have chosen the other person.I really loved this magical and dark love story and I hope, as I alway do, that you love it,too.

No comments:

Post a Comment