Friday, November 1, 2013

Escaflowne The Movie

The Escaflowne movie is basically the re-telling of the entire series, but with a few new twists and turns to it.It starts out like it did in the beginning of the series with our main character, Hitomi, getting sleepy all the time and having weird visions. Until, one day a mysterious figure appears to her out of the blue and calls her Winged Goddess.Before, she could ask what that meant she was transported to another world called Gaea.

Gaea is another world filled with strange creatures and even stranger people. The people, good or bad were drawn to her when they saw her emerge from a giant suit of armor who the people call the Dragon Armor. Prince Van immediately claims the armor as his, so he can use it to destroy his brother, Lord Folken, who is also the same person who sent her there in the first place.The Winged Goddess is supposed to be a person with great power but we don't see any of that till the end of the movie.

The things I liked most about this movie is the story, the fighting, romance and the soundtrack played in this movie. My favorite songs out of this entire would have to be Sora and the Dance of the Curse.I also like seeing how close Van and Hitomi got during the movie and if I was her, I would have stayed in that world with him. I mean, how many people can say that they've been  transported to another world and is being treated like a goddess? None I tell you! But, in the anime series their relationship was a bit more complicated than in the movie.

This magical tale is something to behold and I think anyone who like fantasy animes would really like this. Or if your trying to get hooked on anime then I suggest watching this as a start. Its filled with drama, fighting, magic, creatures, romance and friendship. I hope you all enjoy the tale of the Winged Goddess.

Thanks for Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment